The EuFN workshop 2018 will take place in MINATEC, Grenoble, France.
3 parvis Louis Néel
38054 Grenoble cedex 9
Tél. : 33 (0)4 38 78 44 00
HOW TO GET TO MINATEC
See more information on how to get here
- About Grenoble
- The Meeting
- How to get to Grenoble
- Public Transport in Grenoble
- Useful links about Grenoble
Grenoble is a French city with half a million inhabitants, located in the south east of France, at the foothills of the Alps, where nature, well-being and innovation come together. Grenoble’s industrials roots and early innovations were the result of its geographic location and the rush of water down from the mountains. Water provided the literal force for the development of the region’s metallurgical industries in the 17th and 18th centuries and through an early example that mixed education, research and industry, the region became a pioneer in hydraulic technology with the development of hydroelectricity in the 19th century.
Ranked by Forbes as the world’s fifth most inventive city in 2014, Grenoble is the destination in France most preferred by students (1 inhabitant in 5 is a student) and is the location of CEA (Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives) which is ranked as the world’s second most innovative public research institution, the first in Europe. Grenoble also hosts several internationally leading companies in energy (Schneider), in microelectronics (STMicroelectronics), in medicine (Biomérieux), in machinery (Caterpillar) and in many other sectors. It is also home to a dense cluster of innovative start-ups that has helped to make France the first foreign country exhibiting at the CES Innovation Show in Las Vegas.
The workshop will take place in the Minatec Building, in the Titane rooms (ground floor). You can follow instructions to come to Minatec here.
How to get to Grenoble
– Geneva or Chambéry on A41 motorway: Take Rocade Sud ringroad and follow signs marked „Lyon par l’autoroute“. Exit motorway at Europole turn-off and follow signs to Minatec.
– Lyon on A48 motorway: Exit motorway at Europole turn-off and follow signs to Minatec.
Distance from Grenoble:
Lyon: 100 km / Geneva: 145 km
Torino: 240 km / Nice: 330 km
Paris: 570 km / Barcelona: 625 km
– Le Doyen: 34 avenue du Doyen Louis Weil
– Europole – gares: 2 avenue du Doyen Louis Weil
Airport Lyon-St. Exupèry: www.lyon.aeroport.fr
– 1 hour drive by car
– Taxi costs: approx. 140€ – Tel 0826 800 826
– Airport shuttle bus SATOBUS (every hour from 7.30am to 9.30pm direction Grenoble, every hour from 5.00am to 8.00pm direction Lyon-St. Exupèry)
Tel + (33) 4 72 68 72 17
Airport Geneva-Cointrin: www.gva.ch
– 1,5 to 2 hours drive
– Taxi costs: approx. 220 €
Tel + (41) 22 798 20 00
Airport Paris: www.aeroportsdeparis.fr
– Take the railway TGV directly to Grenoble railway station. (From airport take the RER subway to gare de Lyon station and take the TGV to Grenoble).
Airport Grenoble Isère: www.grenoble-airport.com
35 mn drive from Grenoble
Tel. (33) (0)4 76 65 55 32
High Speed Train (TGV) Grenoble-Paris: 3 hours
7 trains every day (other TGV from Lille, Nantes,…)
Grenoble Gare SNCF
Tel : + (33) (0)184.108.40.206.35 (registration)
Public Transport in Grenoble
The tramway is well developed in Grenoble with a stop in front of the conference center (Stop Cité Internationale, Tramway line B)
|1 Trip Ticket||€ 1,60|
|10-Trip Ticket||€ 14,30|
How to „climb“ to the Bastille
Since 1934, a steel wire had linked Grenoble to the top of Bastille. The famous „bubbles“ with their transparent walls will give you an unforgettable memory! A journey through the airs, with the city under your feet, down below. This is also where the gala dinner will take place!
Useful links about Grenoble
From Lyon airport to Grenoble by Bus